Thursday, May 17, 2012

40 new heirloom tomato plants

I just planted another 40 heirloom tomato plants. We now have around 60 plants. Some already have flowers on them. We should have tomatoes in a few short weeks. There will be a steady supply of tomatoes all summer and into the fall (God willing). Most of these plants were started from seeds. I don't know about you, but I love vine ripened tomatoes! I could eat them like candy! And we planted the cucumber and pumpkin starts. The sunflowers are also growing strong. And the cabbages and kohlrabi will be ready to harvest in a month. So Nicole and I potted a half a dozen trays of new plants. They should be ready to plant when I harvest the spring crop. I am going to need some more canning jars. It will not be long until we have our first harvest. We also planted summer flower seeds. They can replace the gladiolas when they are finished flowering. I imagine we will have cutting flowers in another month too.

No comments:

Post a Comment